In today's Fat Black podcast we get to speak with John McKenzie whom is the communications and marketing manager for Revbox. John has a big background in the cycling industry and I met him down in Melbourne, Australia in 2014 when a select few of us got to test out Specialized's New Tarmac. It was here that John told me all about the Revbox from the hotel to Specialized HQ. I was excited as I had previously got to play with a wind brake erg early in my coaching career and these things were cost prohibitive until now. John put me in touch with Philipp Schacht the owner and developer from Revbox who was kind enough to get me on one of the few early models. What can I say other than Pete and I were blown away and so were the legs! Especially after doing some of our standard trainer sessions that had been done for years on Computrainers and Kickr's. Don't get me wrong, those trainers are good and have helped many athletes. I just put true wind break ERGs in another realm of athletic development.
In Todays Episode We Cover:
- How the concept of the Revbox began.
- Why track cyclists have been using ERG's for along time.
- What "wind-break" means.
- How rotational inertia makes you a better rider.
- How the Revbox is different compared to most other indoor trainers.
- How to dial in the Revbox to maximise training sessions.
- The Revbox app.
- The Kickstarter campaign.
- A sweet little deal from us here at Trispecific for those interested in getting onboard with Revbox (see below).
Links from todays Episode:
- Revbox Kickstarter campaign - As I mention in the Podcast, anyone backing the team at Revbox for $1000 or more will get their choice of a TriSpecific Iron or Half Iron Distance Blueprint for free. That's a $300 saving. All you need to do is email us your receipt of purchase to kristian [at] trispecific.com and I'll get you set up. At the $1000 investment you get: The Full Package! A next generation Revbox Erg for free, including the Revbox Power App, sensor kit, one free Hunter Allen Workout Guide + a riding kit (jersey & bib short) which is usually not available for purchase and freight free delivery. It's estimate that you'll get your game changer ERG in July 2015. Be quick as you only have 29 days left till the campaign finishes.
- Revbox.co.nz - go here to learn all about the concept, the science, the training and more.