Today we sit down and have a super informative chat with Peter Mckenzie. Now if that surname sounds familiar....it should.
Of course we are talking about Luke Mckenzie's father! And this is one of the most knowledge packed episodes yet!
Peter has long history of coaching and teaching and over the years has formulated some fantastic philosophies and strategies to help athletes achieve their true potential.
It was a lot of fun talking shop with Petee and gain some insights from someone with so much experience.
In this episode we cover:
- The fundamentals of triathlon.
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses.
- Refining economy with drills.
- Building the journey.
- Being committed and supportive as a parent of an athlete.
- Communication. Actually, we talk about this a lot!
- How training is a progression of development.
- Developing patience.
- Looking for marginal gains.
- Dealing with time-poor, Type A athletes.
- Shutting out the noise.
- Recognising coachable athletes.
- How no two athletes are the same; coaching the individual.
- The unconquered frontier in this sport; the mental game.
- Recognising negative thoughts and acting accordingly.
Learn more about Peter McKenzie at https://www.facebook.com/RacePaceCoaching
Direct download: FB59_Peter_McKenzie.mp3
-- posted at: 11:46pm PST