Today we are again joined by Peter Defty to help share some insights into a topic that is extremely important to us as coaches, and valuable to all female athletes (and males) looking to become Fat Adapted.
Peter spends a great deal of time researching and understanding the various considerations required to achieve Fat Adaptation but one message remains clear: you have to keep it simple. We see A LOT of athletes overthinking this process - which becomes a huge distraction and destroy confidence.
So sit back, grab a cup and have a listen.
In this Episode we cover:
- A quick understanding into the different requirements between male and female athletes (not as obvious ays may think).
- Why it is more difficult (but NOT impossible) for female athletes to achieve a Zen state of Fat Adaptation.
- Some important things for females athletes to consider during their FA journey.
- The How, Why and When of strategic carb use & training loads for women during monthly cycles (this is SUPER important!).
- Some common mistakes that (all) athletes make during the Fat Adaptation process.
- Why counting macronutrients is a waste of time.
- We also discuss some key nutritional areas that are important to Vegan and Vegetarian athletes.
- Why Vitamin D is essential to ALL athletes.
- How and when to measure Ketones (if you decide you want to).